If your child is interested in playing soccer, you’ll want to make sure they’re outfitted with the right equipment. Of course, what you’ll need to play the game will vary from club to club and league to league. However, there are some basics that everyone will need. Here are five pieces of essential soccer equipment that Discoveries Soccer Club suggests you consider buying.
- Soccer ball – While you may not have to provide a ball for official practices or games, having a soccer ball at home will give your child a chance to get comfortable with the techniques they’re learning.
- Water bottle – Staying hydrated is a must for all players. Make sure your child has a sturdy, reusable water bottle for the season.
- Soccer cleats – Soccer cleats are designed to help players’ feet grip the field for safety and agility. Regular sneakers just won’t be the same.
- Shin guards – While cleats are great for playing, they can cause painful injuries to other players. Shin guards greatly reduce the chances of bruises or more serious injuries from cleats and other on-the-field hazards.
- Other attire – You may be required to purchase a team jersey or shirt, as well as uniform shorts and socks. Check with your child’s coach to see exactly what will be needed.
While soccer equipment is important, finding the best youth soccer club for your child makes all the difference. Talk to Discoveries Soccer Club to learn more about our youth soccer programs in the Charlotte and Ballantyne, NC area.